A total of 80 nominations for the 2021 Pembrokeshire Sports Awards have been revealed, in 12 categories for individuals and teams involved in a variety of different sports across the county.
The big winners will be announced at the ceremony at Folly Farm on November 26, hosted by Sport Pembrokeshire.
The awards are sponsored by the Western Telegraph, Valero, Folly Farm and Radio Pembrokeshire.
Cllr Paul Miller, Cabinet Member for Economics, Tourism, Recreation and Culture, said: “We are truly delighted that so many people have taken the time to nominate people and teams from our community. athletic to be recognized at the Pembrokeshire Sport Awards, ”he said.
“The awards are a fantastic opportunity to celebrate the hard work and achievements of local athletes, coaches and volunteers and we look forward to having a great evening.
The nominations are as follows:
- Young Volunteer of the Year: Carys Ribbon and Jess Raymond, Leila Egelstaff, Ffion Williams (Haverfordwest Seals), Olivia Probert, Adele Bevan
- Club organizer: Trevor and Becki Badham and Colin Evans (Cricket), Brian Millard (Sport handicap), Sean Hannon (Cricket), Gareth Bennett (Swimming), Naomi Dalton (Boxing)
- Senior team: Cresselly women’s cricket team, Neyland cricket club first team, Saundersfoot Bowls Club Fours team over 55
- Junior Team: Haverfordwest Artistic Gymnastics, Pembrokeshire Harriers SIAB Team, St. Ishmaels Cricket Club U11, Haverfordwest RFC U9
- Unsung Hero: Jamie Phelps (Cricket), Lauren Watts (Tumbling), Nick Daley (Cricket), Stuart Tyrie (Ju Jitsu), Lukas Gamble (Football), Fee Shiels (Gymnastics), Richard Arthur (Cricket), Martin and Celt Edwards , Jenny Harries and Kelly Griffiths (Athletics), Brian Millard (Disabled Sports), Gareth Bennett (Haverfordwest Seals), Ian Duncan (Boxing), Simon Gardiner (Rugby), Sarah Keogh (Tennis), Dorian Howells (Rugby), Simon Morgan (Soccer)
- Disabled Sports Award: Sian Jones (Boccia), Leon Davies (Cricket), Libi Phillips (Wheelchair Basketball), Michael Jenkins (Shooting and Discus)
- U16 Girls: Jessica Shiels (Gymnastics), Gracie Griffiths (Athletics), Josie Hawke (Surf), Lucy Wintle (Athletics)
- Boys U16: Alistair Dyer (Hockey), Dafydd Pawlett (Shooting), TJ Edwards, Owen Rickard (Rugby), Joe Phillips (Cricket)
- Male Achievements: Euan Dyer (Hockey), Stephen Varney (Rugby), Joe Phillips (Cricket)
- Women’s Achievements: Sanna Duthie (running), Lisa Neumann (Rugby), Valerie Coleman (rowing)
- Club of the Year: Pembroke Dock Cricket Club, Saundersfoot Runners, Haverfordwest Gymnastics Club, Pembrokeshire Triathlon Club, Neyland Cricket Club, Pembrokeshire Harriers, Cresselly Cricket Club, Fishguard and Goodwick Rowing Club, Haverfordwest Tennis Club, Pembroke & Pembroke Dock Boxing Club, Vikings
- Coach of the Year: Chris McEwen (boxing), Jonathan Lewis (cricket), Simon Morgan (football), Ryan Thomas (swimming), Daisy Griffiths (gymnastics), Cresselly Cricket Junior Coaches, Graham Brockway (boxing), Andrew Jones ( gymnastics)), Nadine Tyrell (Haverfordwest Gymnastics), Wayne Griffiths (Harriers), Lowri Jones (Dance), Jane Calveley (Haverfordwest Gymnastics), Finola Findlay (Dance), Simon Lewis (Harriers), Simon Roach (Weightlifting), Simon Gardiner (Rugby)), Sam Feneck (Crossfit Pembrokeshire)